Sunday, March 20, 2011

Black Swan (2010), Darren Aronofsky.


I really don't want to be a party pooper, but what UP with this movie!?  I caught it yesterday afternoon at a discount matinee, and found it kitschy, campy and clichéd.  It has the same tone as one of the more outré Joan Crawford women's picture (which is to say, screechingly insane) but features a rigidly wooden adolescent figure as its central character.  The cake scene killed me.  I was in stitches slapping my knee and muffling my guffaws.  Actually, every scene with potential polident pitchman Barbara Hershey killed me.  Hello, they did this thing forty years ago in Star Trek, but nobody was giving out Oscars to William Shatner.  I am very curious how this will age.  

Bad Kirk on a bender (Enemy Within episode-- you know, the one with the unicorn cocker spaniel).

No comments: